Department of Public Property & Public Programs
4 Peaceful Valley Road
Director of Parks and Recreation
PLEASE CHECK CALENDAR FOR BUILDING AVAILABILITY
Building Reservations 518- 251-2421 Ext. 2
Building Use Contract
Wevertown Community Center
Formerly known as The Odd Fellows Hall, the Wevertown Community Center was built next to the Pearsall Realty site, near the crossroads in Wevertown in 1913. It was moved to its present site in July 1931, making way for Route 8 from Wevertown to Wells. When the Odd Fellows disbanded, the building was purchased by the town and renamed the Wevertown Community Center. The Johnsburg Historical Society is located on the second floor and the Town Justice office is located just inside the main doors, on the main floor. Downstairs has a large kitchen.
The downstairs portion of the Community Center is available on a reservation basis for wedding, dinners, and other events.
Ski Bowl Mtn Biking Trail Video
Ski Bowl Park
Since it's early days as the site of one of the earliest ski centers in the east, Johnsburg's Ski Bowl Park has evolved into a major, multi-use area that hosts many events and opportunities for outdoor recreation.
In the winter, the park area is operated by New York's Olympic Regional Development Authority and features two ski-lifts, one of which connects to Gore Mountain itself. The left areas are fully lit for night time skiing. In addition, there is snow-shoeing, cross country skiing, and the Village Slope features a half-pipe for snow board enthusiasts.
In the summer, Johnsburg resumes control of the park and it is the site of several recurring events such as the Waynestock, and our Independence Day Celebrations. Weddings, parties, dinners, and other events occur on a regular basis. The Ski Bowl Park is also the summer home of Johnsburg's Youth Program . Two ball fields, tennis courts, a tot lot, hiking and biking trails are some of the recreational features of the park. Additionally the park has a separate outdoor pavilion down by the beach that can be reserved for your events. A beautiful flower garden greets visitors at the entrance to the park.
Mill Creek Recreation Area
This 224-acre parcel located south of Riparius known as the Mill Creek Recreation Area, or Dunkley Falls, that is dedicated to open space recreation use. It contains the “black hole,” a unique geologic feature, as well as falls on Mill Creek. It has traditionally been used by the general public as a swimming hole and as a scenic spot to enjoy nature. The land was donated to the Town of Johnsburg in 2017 by the Open Space Institute, only day use is allowed.
Riverfront Park at Railroad Place
Riverfront Park, also known as the Kellogg/Waddell property was donated to the Town of Johnsburg in 2010 by the Open Space Institute. This historic property consists of two enclosed, historic buildings, and two new open pavilions surrounded by lawns and bordered by the Hudson River and the Saratoga North Creek Railroad. This is a lovely spot for local events and is available to reserve for Weddings, Graduations etc..