Attention North Creek Water District customers. Please continue to run your water as pipes are still freezing. Thank you. - Ron-
BURNING PERMITS - NO OPEN BURNING IS PERMITTED FROM MARCH 15TH TO MAY 15TH
The town clerk is unable to issue permits during that time.
Welcome to the Town of Johnsburg's new web site. Please give us your suggestions for improvements or additions.
Did you know?
- Johnsburg is the largest town in Warren County in area over 200 square miles in the heart of the Adirondack Park on the Hudson River
- Johnsburg is comprised of the hamlets of Bakers Mills Johnsburg, North Creek, Riparius, and Wevertown as well as the settlements of Sodom, The Glen, and Garnet Lake.
- Total population of the Town is 2,395 (as of 2010 census) with about 1400 registered voters
- The town is named after John Thurman, an early settler and founder. It was first settled in 1788. Johnsburg was formed from the town of Thurman in 1805.
- A large portion of the town’s land, about 58 percent, is owned by the State of New York and is deemed “forever wild”
- Residents may reserve a Town building for personal use. Buildings including Scout Hall, Wevertown Hall, Ski Bowl Lodge/Pavilion, Riverfront Park and Tannery Pond Community Center
Planning Board Meeting - March 23rd - 7:00 pm - Tannery Pond